Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In Case You Didn’t See the Announcement . . . (To Be Rescheduled!)

The town hall meeting scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, June 1st, featuring Governor Chris Christie, and originally scheduled to be held at the 4-H Center on Milltown Road in Bridgewater has been cancelled. 

MCJ.com had an announcement to that effect, but it appeared last Saturday evening when many folks were away for the weekend, and some of you may have missed it.  Thus, I’m posting this reminder. 

Today, around mid-morning, I called the Governor’s office with a question about that meeting and was told that it was cancelled, but would be rescheduled; yet no new date was immediately available as of the time of my call. 

 I’m glad that I made that inquiry, because I most likely would have shown up to an empty, locked public meeting room.  (Probably like many, I missed seeing the cancellation notice.)

Curious about the reason for the cancellation and the rescheduling-to-be-announced, I inquired about that, but the person with whom I spoke didn’t yet know why, adding that he “was not an on-the-record spokesperson,” and would have to refer me to someone else.

No problem, but Bridgewater Township and the Bridgewater-Raritan School District are significant players in the political and educational issues now unfolding in New Jersey.  

We have a lot at stake, and it should be instructive to hear what the Guv’ has to say about education, taxes, jobs, the business environment; and, hopefully, about  the recent educational funding court decision handed down by the New Jersey Supreme Court which further penalizes success and rewards failure.

No comments: