Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas in Bridgewater

A Christmas dawn burnishes a ridgeline in Bridgewater
Blessings can be evanescent – here one moment, gone the next.  They will catch you totally unprepared as they sweep across your path with their graciousness.

I stumbled upon just such a blessing of nature early this morning when, after I had walked down the driveway to pick up the newspapers, I turned and began the gradual walk up to the house. 

It was then that it happened:  As I neared the end of patio leading to the stairs that would bring me to the front door, I glanced to the right and was surprised by an intensely pink dawn covering the entire eastern section of a Bridgewater ridgeline.

It was all over within a minute or two, but it was a soul-filling moment of nature while it lasted.  Luckily, it didn’t escape until after I had hurried into the house for my camera.

May you have a Blessed Christmas day, a greeting extended to those of goodwill from all faiths.

(Note:  Click on photo for a full-sized view.)

No comments: