Sunday, May 9, 2010

Time to Acknowledge Gratitude for our Mothers

Today is one of the great American holidays, time for a time-out to say thanks to our moms and wives for the daily sacrifices and drudgery to which they commit in their role as either full-time, stay-at-home moms, or as those who voluntarily juggle motherhood with a paid outside job.

Neither is an easy commitment and, as I look back upon the role that my own spouse took upon herself, I marvel at how she decided to play both roles, first becoming a full-time homemaker, then deciding to hit the workplace when the kids became older.

Every decision that a mother makes about those roles is highly individualistic and has to be tailored to the circumstances of her individual family situation – none of us is qualified to judge an individual woman’s choice.

Either way, we men can’t do without them. So I’m grateful for having been blessed with my mom, with my own spouse, and with my daughter who carries on the tradition.

Thanks for reading, and stay engaged.

No comments: