Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting it Right

When you mess up, you need to fess up. That’s the result of what happened to me Monday, when I wrote in this blog that, “Tomorrow’s voting results will show that Barack Obama will have locked up the Democrats’ delegates and that John McCain will have garnered the Republican ones.”

I called the McCain victory correctly. He won by a margin of 5% over Romney. But I blew it on the Clinton/Obama race, where Hillary Clinton squeezed out a win over Barack Obama by a margin of 3%.

I should have listened more closely to my sister when she said that she and her two daughters were voting for Clinton. New Hampshire voters are notoriously independent and don’t like to be told by pollsters what the outcome will be.

Humble pie isn’t the sweetest thing, but sometimes you just have to get it down!

Note: For N.H. politics, see the Manchester Union Leader at http://www.unionleader.com/

No comments: